Thursday, April 14, 2022

Unicorns and Rainbows

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Liz Williams our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently it’s” look up at the sky day.”  So recreate something you love as a beautiful part of God’s huge canvas (maybe a starry night, a bright rainbow, sunrises or sunsets, or beautiful cloud formations.)


For my card today I decided not only to look up at the sky, but to go up into the sky among the clouds and rainbows where the unicorns live.

I created a Slimline Scenescape card using Mama Elephant's Slimline Scenescape Builder die set and the coordinating Rainbow Add-on die set.

I die cut the base from white cardstock and then used Kitsch Flamingo Distress ink to add the clouds to all the various pieces before assembling the scene.

I normally make my rainbows traditional bright colours, but for my card today I decided to go pastel.


The unicorns are from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp's Unicorns and Rainbows stamp set, I again selected pastel colours when colouring the unicorns.

I added the sun to the front panel of my card, along with a sentiment from a older Hero Arts stamp set.


I added sparkle to my card by splattering on some Lawn Fawn Liquid Stardust. In real life this makes he card look sparkly, however trying to take photos wasn't so great as the liquid stardusts looks like a dirty mark in the photos, when it is not. I also added some larger bling by added some Glacier jewels from Pinkfresh Studio.


I added a pink panel and then the pink cloudy panel to the back of the card. I added a unicorn/rainbow sentiment and two more unicorns and my card is done!

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



Other Supplies:
Make A Wish Stamp Set - Hero Arts (discontinued)











6 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Adorable! I have had one of these Slimline Box Card dies for over a year, and have yet to break it out of the packing. Yikes! Thanks for the inspiration

MiamiKel said...

Aw I love all of the pink and the sweet unicorns and that bright rainbow! This reminds me of Lisa Frank from back in the day!

Liz Williams said...

I can just envision the big smile on some little girl's face as she receives this fabulous card! Such a delightful card!

Lynn McAuley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn McAuley said...

What an awesome creation, Frances!! I love these delightfully colorful unicorns and that fabulous rainbow!!

Lois said...

Such a delightful, magical scene! I love it!