Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Happy Bear Day To You

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I have a "beary" fun Slimline card to share with you today.

 I recently got my hands on Tim Holtz/Sizzix Theodore Colorize Thinlits die set, I love all the different layers of browns on this cute bear.

As the bear is rather large, I opted for a 4 inch x 9 inch side folding Slimline card. The base of my card is blue which I added more colour to using Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide inks. I die cut three of the MFT Stamps Tucked in Turf Vertical Die-namics flipping the middle one to the other side to build up the grass at the bottom of the card.

I used Tim Holtz Pine Trees Bigz die, which is a fairly old die I have had in my stash for years. I adhered the two outer trees direct to the card. For the centre one I die cut two more trees, stacking the three together before adhering to the card.

I die cut the bear using various shades of brown cardstocks, along with black, white, grey and pink.

I also used Lawn Fawn's Mushroom Border die to add mushrooms around the grass area. The bear is holding a flower which is also a Lawn Fawn die.

For the sentiment I used a stamp from Trinity Stamps' Bearly Special Slimline stamp set.


For the inside of my card, I added some more of the grass, tree and mushrooms that I used on the front of my card.

I also added two more sentiments using the "Beary Special Slimline" stamp set from Trinity Stamps.


Other Supplies:

Pine Trees Bigz Die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix (discontinued)