Thursday, April 28, 2022

Birthday Wishes


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Liz Williams our challenge hostess for the month, finishes off the month with one last challenge.

Give us a peek at what you have planted in your spring garden. Feature your favorite blossoms on your creation.


The flowers I used on my card probably aren't my favorite flowers, however Pinkfresh Studio have many wonderful floral stamp sets which are quickly becoming my favourites. As I had a set. sitting on my desk that I hadn't used as yet I decided to use that for my card.

As you can see I created a Slimline Card using Pinkfresh Studios Slimline Diagonal Stitched Rectangles die set. I die cut the striped patterned paper from Trinity Stamps using the smaller stitched rectangle die and then used the two larger ones for the blue and peach layers.

For the flowers I used Pinkfresh Studio's Cosmos Bunch stamp, die and coordinating stencil set. I just love how easy having the stencils make for colouring the images.

For the sentiments, I used the large "Birthday" sentiment using the Brushed Sentiments Hot Foil die set with coordinating dies. I foiled the sentiment using black foil and then used Pinkfresh Studio's Solid Hot Foil Plate to foil the negative foil to get the reverse sentiment. The "Wishes" sentiment is also hot foiled using part of a sentiment plate from Spellbinders Everyday Sentiments 2 Hot Foil Glimmer Plate.

To finish off the front of the card I added pearls to the centre of the two flowers and randomly around the card.


For the inside of my card I created a pop-up card using Karen Burniston's Katherine Labels Pop-up die set. I added patterned paper to the top and bottom edges of the card using the same paper that I used on the front. I die cut the paper using the largest rectangle included in the Slimline Diagonal Stitched Rectangles die set.

I stamps, stencilled and die cut two more flower bunches using the Cosmos Bunches sets. I die cut another panel from white cardstock layering the two together for extra thickness. I then layered the flowers to the top left and bottom right corners.


I used two of the sentiments from the Perfect Sentiments Hot Foil Plate to the pop-up label.

I also used the Small Butterflies Hot Foil Plate with coordinating stencils and die to create the butterfly which I added to the top left corner of the sentiment label.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



 

4 comments:

Lois said...

So pretty. I love the way you used the Katherine Label on this.

Liz Williams said...

These are such beautiful colors for these perfect garden flowers. I love how the are repeated on the inside as well. Great job as usual, Frances.

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous coloring on this awesome spray of spring flowers, inside and out, Frances!! Beautiful design!!

Karen Aicken said...

This is SO pretty - love those colours together.