Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Mr & Mr Wedding Accordion Card

Hi Crafty Friends,

I was recently asked if I would make a Mr & Mr Wedding Card, which I was happy to do.

One of my favourite styles of cards for weddings is Accordion Cards, and as I wanted to fit the long sentiment and the two Tuxedo Jackets onto my card, I opted to pull out an older Accordion Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. This die set has long been discontinued, but it is still a favourite of mine. I used the Oval Accordion and Oval Flourish Frame Edges die sets to create the base for this card.

If in doubt of what colours to use on my wedding card, you can never go wrong with black & white and I thought it would work very well for this card.


The first oval panel of my card can be view from the front and also when the card was opened. I used Spellbinders Paper Arts Wedding Dress & Tux die set to create the Tuxedo jackets. 

The sentiment on the centre oval is an older sentiment which I love and is from Paper Inspirations, called Marriage Calligraphy.


For the last oval I added the "Mr & Mr" die cut sentiment which is from another Spellbinders die set called Mr. & Mrs. Wedding Cake, this set seems to be discontinued even though it was only released a few years ago.


I don't normally decorate the back of an accordion card, as there is enough happening on the front of the card, however for weddings I often do.

On the far left oval I added the "Congratulations" sentiment from The Rabbit Hole Designs Happily Ever After stamp set.

The "love" die cut on the centre oval is from the True Love die set designed by ModaScrap for Elizabeth Craft Designs, this is also another older die set from my stash.

Finally I used the "Wishing You A Lifetime" sentiment from Craft Desert Divas' Hitched stamped set, this company closed a few years ago.


Here is the front of my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

Other Supplies:

  • Oval Accordion Card Die Set - Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs (discontinued)
  • Oval Flourish Frame Edges Die Set - Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs (discontinued)
  • True Love Die Set - ModaScrap for Elizabeth Craft Designs (discontinued)
  • Mr. & Mrs. Wedding Cake Die Set - Spellbinders Paper Arts (discontinued)
  • Marriage Calligraphy Stamp - Paper Inspiration (discontinued)
  • Hitched Stamp Set - Crafty Desert Divas (discontinued)





2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

What a great wedding card.

eunice said...

Beautiful and elegant! I really like how you used "opposite" colors for the frame on the center panels. Hope I remember to try that next time I do this style of card.