Friday, April 15, 2022

Divinity Designs April 2022 Release

 
Hi Crafty Friends,

I have lots to share with you today as it is time for Divinity Designs April 2022 Release. The release will officially go live in a few hours (US time), however it has all be available on preorder since the beginning of the month. 

This month the release has a Wedding/Anniversary theme, you will find lots of goodies to help make some amazing wedding themed cards. 

The release this month includes 2 different styles of Gatefold Cards to create, six additional die sets; three stamp sets and a one beautiful Slimline sized paper pad.


First up today I have a wedding set I created using the Flourished Gatefold Card with Insert die set; RSVP Card with Layers and RSVP Envelope and of course the beautiful Wedding Flowers Paper Pad. I will share more details on all those projects below.


The Wedding card was created using the Flourished Gatefold Card with Insert Die Set. In the photo above you can see my card when it is closed, you can see a little of what is inside through the delicate flourished front ... which is. so beautiful!

To help hold the card closed, you can use the Flourished Gatefold Belly Band die set. This die comes with dies to create the belly band including layers and four addition circular dies to create an interesting decoration on the front. Unfortunately I didn't receive this die, so I used the Belly Band die set and then added a sentiment from the Cheer stamp set which I layered using the Double Stitched Circles and Circles die sets.


When you remove the belly band and open the card, it reveals a flourished insert in the centre. I attached mine to my card, but you could also keep it loose and have something on the back as well as the front. I added some of the pretty paper from the Wedding Flowers Slimline Sized Paper Pad. The paper was layered to the insert using the Double Stitched Squares and Squares die sets. To finish off the card I added another of the sentiments from the Cheers Stamp Set.


I used the RVSP Card with Layers die set to create a coordinating Gift Card Holder to give to the bride and groom. To decorate the gift card holder I used a heart from the Layering Hearts die set and then a sentiment which is stamped onto one of the pennants included in the Double Stitched Pennants die set. The sentiment is again from the Cheers stamp set.

As you can see in the photo above, I also created an envelope for my gift card holder using the RSVP Envelope die set. I used the same dies and stamp set to add one final sentiment to the front of the envelope.


For my second card today I used the Gatefold Card with Layers die set to create a wedding themed Gatefold Card.

To decorate my card, I used stamps from the Lovebirds stamps set. I layered the lovebirds to my card using the Double Stitched Circles die and then onto the Spiral Sphere die which was included in the January 2022 Blessings Box. For the sentiment, I masked the bottom line of the two line sentiment so I could just have "Congratulations". I die cut the sentiment using one of the sentiment strips from the Sentiment Strips 2 die set. 

The circles were then attached to a belly band which I created using the Belly Band die set.

The papers used to decorate the card are again from the Wedding Flowers Slimline Sized Paper Pad.


The beautiful floral papers are the focus on the inside of the card, simply adding a sentiment to the top right corner on the centre panel. I used another of the sentiments included in the Lovebirds stamp set layering the sentiment using the Double Stitched Circles and Circles die sets.


For my final card today I created an A2 card. I used the A2 Landscape Card Base with Layer die set to create the base of my card.

For the background I used the new Pierced Wedding Ring Background die which I die cut from a pinkish metallic cardstock. I layered this over white cardstock and then used the Matting Rectangle to die cut a dark pink cardstock for the layers.

To decorate the front of the card I used the Mr and Mrs die set to create the sentiment. You will notice on the Divinity Designs website (and my supply list below) that there are two different options for this die.

I used the flowers from the Beautiful Blossoms 3 Paper/Die Duos set which were included in the April 2021 Blessings Box ... these will be available to purchase individually in a few days once the April 2022 Blessings Box is released.


For the inside of my card I added another of the flowers from the Beautiful Blossoms Paper Pad/Die set and added a wedding sentiment from the Cheers stamp set.