Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Birthday Candles


Hi Crafty Friends,

Last month, Spellbinders Paper Arts celebrated their 20th birthday. To celebrate their released a number of  fun birthday themed stamps, dies and glimmer hot foil plates. As I make a lot of birthday cards I decided to add a few of the new items to my stash.

The photo of this card doesn't do it justice, being that the front is all gold foiled.  It's very difficult to photograph anything that is foiled.

For my card today I used the new Spellbinders So Many Candles Glimmer Hot Foil Plate, this is a large plate that fills an A2 card. As I wanted to make a slimline card using this plate, foiled the one side of the cardstock first and then carefully moved the plate down and foiled the remaining portion of my slimline card panel. I coloured all the colours using rainbow colours, adding pink at the beginning of each section. I layered my card onto gold mirror cardstock and then a top folding red card. 

For my sentiment I used Waffle Flower Crafts Happy Birthday Duo Hot Foil Plate, for this sentiment I also used Pinkfresh Studio's Solid Foil Plate so that I could use the negative foiled sentiment where the gold was on the outside rather than the middle. Both the sentiment and candles were foiled using gold foil.


For the inside of the card I used Spellbinders new Awesome Birthday stamp set. I gold embossed a portion of the candle bunch on either side of the card. I also added the sentiment which is also gold embossed to match all the gold on the front of the card.










1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Beautiful FOILED Birthday card!