Thursday, July 21, 2022

Sweet Thing

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lois Bak our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently July is National Ice Cream Month. Easy challenge – include some ice cream on your card.


Earlier in the week, I shared a birthday card that was a Faceted Vertical Diamond Easel Card. I enjoyed making the card so much that I decided to make another for the challenge this week. If you are interested in learning how to make this style of card be sure to check out Sam Calcott's video tutorial found here.

For my ice cream I used Sunny Studio Stamps Two Scoops stamp set. This is a layering stamp set, having two layers for the cone and three layers for the ice cream.



I added the two ice cream cones to the centre of the faceted Diamond shape in the centre of the card, layering them onto circles. I also added the "sweet" sentiment die cut which is part of a sentiment die from Karen Burniston. I die cut the sentiment twice from brown and twice from pink, layering the colours together and then offsetting the pink over the brown. I also added some Glossy Accents over the sentiment. 

The pink panel on the right hand side of the card, is the stopper to keep the card in it's easel position. I added a birthday sentiment to the panel using one of the sentiments from the Sunny Studio Stamps stamp set. I also added three enamel dots to the top right corner of the card.


Here is a look at my card, when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.


For the inside of my card I added the "ice cream" sentiment which is another of the sentiments included in the Sunny Studio Stamps Two Scoops stamp set. The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from MFT Stamps Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

4 comments:

Lois said...

What a clever design -- and yummy ice cream cones (my downfall) !!!

Karen Aicken said...

Such a yummy fun fold card

Lynn McAuley said...

That strawberry ice cream looks good enough to eat!! What a remarkable card, Frances!!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, this fold is amazing, Frances. I love the double cones. One ice cream cone always leaves one wanting another, doesn't it?? Love it.Yummy colors too!