Monday, July 18, 2022

Happy Birthday Easel

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a fun easel style card to share with your today.

Recently I saw a video by Sam Calcott on how to create a Faceted Vertical Diamond Easel Card, as it looked like a fun card I decided to give it a go. You can see Sam's tutorial here


Here is another view of my card which was inspired by the patterned paper used on the front of the card, normally I select the image first. 


To decorate the front of the card I added a gold foiled birthday sentiment using a hot foil plate from Waffle Flower Craft Happy Birthday Duo Foil Plate set. I layered the sentiment on older elongated ovals and scallop ovals.

To finish off the front of the card I added gold metallic pearls at the side stopper of the card.


Here is a look at my card, when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.


For the inside of my card I added a birthday sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps Birthday Wishes stamp set.

Other Supplies:
Elongated Oval Nesting Dies - Spellbinders (discontinued)
Elongated Scallop Oval Nesting Dies - Spellbinders (discontinued)








2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Cool fun fold card!

eunice said...

Pretty fun fold card! Always enjoy seeing all the neat interactive and fun fold cards by Sam Calcott and love seeing your beautiful takes on them. Wasn't too interested at first with this easel card until I saw your card today. Now it's a "must try"!