Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Paper Hugs and Cocktails

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a fun Slimline Shaker Card to share with you today.

Earlier in the year, Picket Fence Studios offered a special kit which had a shaker/alcohol theme and was very good value. I enjoy making shaker cards and also alcohol themed cards for family and friends, so I ordered the kit. It has been sitting on my desk since it arrived and I finally got around to pulling out a could of products from the kit to make a card.

As you can see I created a Slimline card which measures 3 3/4 inches x 8 3/4 inches. I wanted the extra height to allow for the pineapple cocktail I was using. As soon as I saw the Tropical Pineapple Shaker die, I could envision it being on the sand at a beach. 

To create the background for my card I started with a light blue card panel, I used the Pinkfresh Studio Slimline Cloud Builder and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink to create the clouds on the top portion of the card.

The waves come from Honey Bee Stamps Makin' Waves Long Border die set. I used one of the dies included in the set to die cut two blue strips of cardstock. I then added white pigment ink along the top of the waves and adhered the about half way up the card.

I then used Honey Bee Stamps Horizon Slimline die set to die cut the two sand panels. I could the sand using Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide inks before adding those to my card.

I die cut the pineapple cocktail from white cardstock and then used inks from Catherine Pooler to colour the die cut so it looked like a pineapple, the colours used are listed in the supply list below. I turned the pineapple into the shaker element adding tiny pineapple slices; green and clear shaker elements, all of which were included in the kit.


When I was looking for a shell or crab or whatever to include on the right side of the card, I saw an already die cut fishing net from a Made To Surprise die set, when I placed it over the pineapple I liked it so I decided to use that for my card too. The net, seaweed (behind the pineapple), shells and starfish are all included in the Made To Surprise Treasure Trove die set.

To finish off the card, I added the sentiment which is from Picket Fence Studios' Sending Paper Hugs Your Way stamp set which was also included in the kit.


For the inside of the card, I added more waves and sand along the bottom of the card. I added some seaweed to the left hand side of the card as well as some pineapple pieces, umbrella and straw.

For the sentiment I used a sentiment from an older MFT Stamps stamp set.

Other Supplies:
Tropical Pineapple Shaker Die - Picket Fence Studios (discontinued)
Sending Paper Hugs Your Way Stamp Set - Picket Fence Studios (discontinued)
A Toast To You Stamp Set - MFT Stamps (discontinued)





1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Love this! Makes me want to run to a beach.