Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Violin Shaped Card


Hi Crafty Friends,

My granddaughter is learning the violin and my grandson the cello through school, so I created this Violin shaped card for them to give to their music teacher at the end of the year.


To create my card I used Paper Discovery's Music - Play On Guitar and Violin Card Front die set. This die set can create cards that feature violins, guitars and also a Cello.

This card is 5 inches x 7 inches when folded. I die cut the front of the card using the main violin die and also from woodgrain paper. I then used the accessory dies included in the set to add the strings etc.


As this card will be given to their teachers at the end of the school year which is December, I found some Christmas Carol music themed paper to add to the right hand of the card. This can be seen when the card is closed.

I computer generated the "Music Teachers" sentiment on the right side of the card as I didn't have anything in my stash suitable for a music teacher. I also added some music notes around the card, each of the notes are 3 layers thick and then I covered them all with glossy accents which helps them stand out a little better.

On the left side of the card on the back of the violin shape, I added a thank you sentiment using Hefty Doodle's Teach Me Words stamp set.







 

2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

So cool - their teacher will love it.

eunice said...

Beautiful and unique shaped card! You've gotten me hooked on Craft Stash dies!