Thursday, July 14, 2022

Seams Impossible!



Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lois Bak our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges. 

Apparently today is National Tape Measure Day. My challenge to you is to make a card incorporating a tape measure or something else used in sewing on your card – either some kind of a sewing-related image or perhaps stitching.


My card today is one that is called an Impossible Card. I made a few of these about 4 years ago, however I always had trouble getting the centre upright portion of the card to stay upright, so I didn't bother making any more since. I recently came across four sets of dies from Creative Craft Products that make this style of card, one of the sets was an oval shape so I decided to give it a try. I have to say I am more than happy with the die and how it works and the centre panel has stayed upright, like it is supposed to so I guess I will be making more.

To decorate my card used a stamp set from Your Next Stamp ... Sprinkles Sew Cute stamp set and also a die set from Concord and 9th ... Sew Lovely.


I decorated the back of my card using more die from the Sew Lovely die set from Concord and 9th. The sentiment is from an older Art Impressions stamp set called Quilt Set.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:




Other Supplies:
Quilt Set Stamp Set - Art Impressions (discontinued)





6 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Wow, I love this card, Frances and those spools of thread are terrific!!

MiamiKel said...

Haha love the pun! Those spools are the perfect touch!

Lois said...

This is great, Frances! I know what you mean about the upright panel not staying upright. Glad you found something that works better. Love the spools of thread!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Impossibly perfect!! What a sensational card for this week's CCEE challenge, Frances!!

Karen Aicken said...

Fun card!

Maryann said...

Fabulous card.