Thursday, July 7, 2022

Floral Birthday Card

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month, it's time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Lois Bak. 

Apparently tomorrow is Lois' sister, Dotsy’s birthday. She is an avid card maker and scrapbooker and also helps with wedding floral arrangements with her friend. In her honor make either a birthday card or a wedding card. 

I recently came across a tutorial by Sam Catcott on making a Triple Floating Diamond Card, it looked like it could be fun so I decided to create one for today's challenge. You can find Sam's tutorial in how to make  this style of card here. The measurements for this particular card are in inches but for using an A4 card, I have since found another tutorial that shares making it with 12 inch cardstock which I think I will try next time.

The flowers are from Sam Calcott's Made To Suprise Beautiful Bouquet stamp set. I stamped it out twice to add to the two outer diamonds panels.


For the centre panel I added a foiled sentiment using Waffle Flower Craft's Happy Birthday Duo stamp, die and matching hot foil plate. I also used Pinkfresh Studio's solid foil plate to get the negative foiled image. I love that by using hot foil plates I have more options on the look of the sentiment then I do with a stamped sentiment.


I added two white panels to the back of my card. I added some more stamped flowers and two sentiments using the stamp set I used for the front. I did alter the birthday sentiment slightly, by masking off the "favourite human" portion of the sentiment and substituting "friend" instead. As I wasn't sure who would eventually get this card I figured that was the better option.


Here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

4 comments:

Lois said...

This is an awesome card, Frances. I love the papers you chose. It's always fun to try a new fun fold card.

Liz Williams said...

You, Frances, are the master of any fancy folds that exist. I love these beautiful colors you selected for this awesome card.

Lynn McAuley said...

A remarkable beauty from every angle!! Amazing work, Frances!

Karen Aicken said...

What a cool fun-fold!