Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Don't Worry Beer Happy

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a beer themed birthday card I created using stamps and dies mostly from Made To Surprise.


Recently Sam Calcott posted a tutorial on how to create a beer crate card using her Pop-up Bouquet die set. As I had the beer bottles from her stamp set and I loved the look of her card, I decided to order the die set so I could make something similar. I am always looking for products that can be used to create male theme cards. Sam created her beer crate so it was on the front of her card, I put mine inside to create a pop-up card. You can see her tutorial here. The paper used on this card is also from Made To Surprise, however it doesn't look like it is available at the moment but it was about a month ago.

The crate itself uses the mechanism from the Pop-up Bouquet die set, adding a few strips of cardstock to make it look like a crate. I used Lawn Fawn's Light Brown Woodgrain cardstock for the crate. I added the beer crate to the centre of a folded 6 inch x 6 inch card. 

The beer bottles and sentiment on the crate are both from the Made To Surprise's Have a Drink on Me Stamp/Die set. I had planned on colouring the beer bottles an amber color as that seems to be the brand my hubby drinks and it has a clear bottle, but when I started colouring, I decided that the green stood out better for this particular card. 


I added the "Cheers" sentiment to the back of the card, this is from Trinity Stamps Cheers die set.

I added a preprinted birthday graphic to the lower right hand corner of the card using a paper included in the Paper Society's May kit.

The white strip along the bottom edge of the card is so that a hand written can be written to the recipient.


For the front of the card, I added the beer glass and bottle both of which are included in the Have a Drink on Me Stamp/Die set. The medallion next to the beer glass is from the Magic Color Slide Additions die set.

To finish off the card I added a "Beer*th*day" sentiment using a sentiment included in a Darcie's Heart & Home stamp set.


Other Supplies:

It's Only A Puppet Paper Pad - Made To Surprise




1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

What a great masculine card!