Monday, August 22, 2022

Sending Sunshine and Rainbows

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Thanks for dropping by to my blog. Today I am sharing four Rainbow shaped cards I created recently using stamps and dies from Honey Bee Stamps.

A few months ago Honey Bee Stamps released a number of rainbow themed stamps, dies and hot foil stamps. I took too long to decided I wanted any of the products from that release, that when I did decide I had to wait ages for my retailer to get them back in stock ... but as you can see I finally managed to get hold of them and I just had to make some cards.


I love shaped cards, and one of the rainbow die sets included in the Honey Bee Stamps release was a rainbow shaped card base ... the Rainbow Builder A2 Card Base die set which is what I used to die cut my shaped card using white cardstock.

 Next I used the coordinating Rainbow Accents die set, using one of the dies to die cut the rainbow arches which I die cut from white cardstock and then coloured using Distress Oxide inks. The colours I used are listed in the supply list below. Another of the dies in this set was used to die cut the white arches between the coloured arches from white glitter cardstock. Finally I used the last die in the set to die cut the rainbow accents, I die cut one from Holographic Cardstock, one for pale yellow and the final one from white cardstock.

I then used the clouds and sun included in the Rainbow Builder die set to decorate the card.


I used one of the sentiments from the Honey Bee Stamps Look for the Rainbow stamp set to add my sentiment.


A few of the sentiments included in the Look for the Rainbow stamp set are suitable for get well cards, so as I need lots of this type of card these days I decided to use two of them for the inside of my card.










2 comments:

Lois said...

These are great, Frances! I've been playing with my rainbows as well.

Karen Aicken said...

Love them - I bet they are SOOO sparkly and pretty in real life.