Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Grand Piano

 

Hi Crafty Friends, 

Recently Craft Stash released some new dies which reminded of some templates I used to use to make unusual shaped cards. As I enjoyed making those cards previously, I decided to buy them. Later Sam Calcott shared a video tutorial sharing four cards she created using each of the die sets, one of the cards was a piano shaped card using the Creative Craft Products Heart Easy Folds die set.

 I have made a piano shaped card in the past, many years ago. That card I created using a template I created, it's always easier to create a card with dies rather than templates and as I was going to have this die set I knew I needed to make another one using these dies. While I was inspired by Sam's card to make this using the new Easy Folds die set, I also used my previous card as inspiration. The die is designed in the opposite orientation to the shape of a piano, but it was easy enough to flip the cardstock once die cut.

 I didn't have the piano border Sam used on her card, however I did have an older one from Memory Box which needed a little alteration to make it fit the width of the card, but that was easy enough to do. My piano border has been discontinued for a while now, so I will like to the one from Paper Discovery, it is out of stock right now but you can sign up to be notified when it comes back in stock.


As you can see by the photo above, the piano keys are attached to the back panel so that only the part of a grand piano that is raised normally, is raised on my card. I die cut two of the shaped panels and trimmed off the height of the piano keys to create the from panel of my card. 

To decorate the front, I added the "Happy Birthday Melody" die from Poppy Stamps, another which sadly I believe is discontinued. It's one I used a lot for music themed cards.

I die cut two hearts using the heart die included in the Creative Craft Products Heart Fold Easy Folds die set to add to the top portion of my card as well as an additional music note.

You can also see on the right hand side of my card, above the keys, the tab. which is adhered to the back of the front of the card, which keeps the front upright when sitting on a flat surface.


Here is a look at my card when it is folded ready to be placed in an envelope. It does measure 6 inches x 7 inches, so will need to go into a larger sized envelope.


And finally a look at the inside of the card. I used one of the layering die sets included in the die set to die cut the patterned paper and white panel. As luck would have it,  I recently pulled out some older patterned papers I wanted to sort through to see what I would throw and what I wanted to keep, this music themed paper was in there, so I used some for the top of the right side of the card. I added a white embossed sentiment, using an MFT Stamps stamp set.

On the left panel I added a white panel, this is where a personal greeting can be written. I also stamped a birthday sentiment using a very old stamp I have had in my stash for years.

Other Supplies:

  • Piano Border Die - Memory Box (discontinued)
  • Happy Birthday Melody - Poppy Stamps (discontinued)
  • Music Notes Die-namics - MFT Stamps
  • Happy Birthday To You Stamp - Stamp World (Australia) (discontinued)





1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Such a cool shaped card! (Both of them 😊)