Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Feel Better Soon



Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a get well themed Mini Slimline card to share with you all today. I have a good stash of get well cards here suitable for my female family or friends, but not male ones, so I decided to create a male version today for whenever I need it.

I created a Mini Slimline card which measures 3 1/2 inches x 6 1/2 inches. For the background I used Trinity Stamps Celtic Twist Mini Slimline die, I die cut the background twice from white cardstock and once from holographic cardstock and then layered them all together, offsetting the holographic background slightly. I layered this background onto a panel of patterned paper using Scrapbook dot com's Playful Paper Pad. This was then layered onto a holographic rectangle layer before adhering to a top folding slimline card.

I kept this card simple, as I didn't want to hide the background. I die cut Picket Fence Studios' Feel Better Soon Word Top twice from black cardstock and once from holographic cardstock again offsetting the black over the holographic one. I then used the largest rectangle in the Mini Slimline Stitched Stack die set to trim the border at the bottom of the sentiment and also to cut down to the required size.


For the inside of the card I used the Trinity Stamps Mini Slimline Stitched Stack die set to die cut the white layer and the patterned paper. The patterned paper is the reverse side of the paper I used on the front of the card. I again layered this rectangle onto holographic cardstock before adhering to the inside of the card.

To finish off the card I added a sentiment using Picket Fence Studios' Ways To Say Get Well stamp set.