Friday, August 26, 2022

Mini Slimline Petals Background

Hi Craft Friends,

Welcome to my blog. Today I am sharing two Mini Slimline cards that uses some of the new dies from the Divinity Designs August release.Both cards use the new Mini Slimline Petals Background die set.


For my first card, I die cut the Mini Slimline Petals Background die from white cardstock and three more times from pink, purple and green cardstock.

I adhered the white Mini Slimline Petals Background outline onto a rectangle panel which I covered with Double Sided Adhesive Tape.  I then paper pieced the various color pieces from the three coloured die cut pieces into the white outline. This was then adhered onto a top folding Mini Slimline card using the Mini Slimline Card Base.

I added silver pearls to the centres of all the purple flowers.

To finish off the card I added the "Get Well Soon" sentiment which is from the All Occasion Foiling/Die Duo set, hot foiling the sentiment with black foil.


For my second card, I used the pink Mimi Slimline Petals Background which was leftover from creating my first card. I adhered the background onto a panel of clear acetate. I then die cut the Mini Slimline Thin Pierced Frame die to die cut a matching pink frame which I adhered to the background panel.

I added foam strips the outline of background and added sequins into the middle of the panel. This was then covered using a rectangle panel which was die cut using one of the papers from the Sweet Hearts Paper Pad.

I added the completed shaker background to the front of a pink Mini Slimline card using the Mini Slimline Card Base die.

To finish off my card I added two gold pearls to the two outer flowers in the centre of the card. I also added the "Thinking of You" sentiment which is also from the All Occasion Foiling/Die Duo set. I foiled the sentiment using gold foil.












1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Lovely cards - that die is so pretty!