Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Birthday Wishes

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Thanks for visiting my blog, today I have a fun birthday V Fold Pop-up to share with you.


If you follow my blog you know I love pop-up. interactive/kinetic cards. So it will come as no big surprise that I love the Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott range of dies/stamps. These products are available through Craft Stash which is in the UK, however there is a USA website too if you live in that part of the world. For my Aussie readers, you should know that Craft Stash offers free postage once you hit around $120 no matter what the weight and it comes reasonably quickly. I just keep adding stuff to my cart over time until it tells me postage is free and then I checkout. 

A few months ago, Sam released her Simple Pop-ups Collection, among these were three V Fold Pop-up dies which can be used individually or together. I missed out on the birthday set when it was first released, it sold out in a matter of hours. So when Sam announced they were back in stock I have to get it.

My card is 6 inches x 6 inches and as mentioned above uses the three different sized V Fold Pop-up dies included in the Simple Pop-ups die set. All the images are included in the Happy Days stamp/die set. There is a lot of colouring for this card as I added so many images, but that is relaxing for me.


For the sentiment at the front edge of the card, I used Mama Elephant's Big Birthday Wishes die set, this die is a two line sentiment, so I had to carefully cut the die cut apart to separate the two words but it really suited this card.

I haven't made a V Fold Pop-up before, so I am very happy how this turned out. I will definitely make more in the future.


As the focus of this card is on the inside, I kept. the front of the card fairly simple adding a few of the elements I had left over from decorating the inside.

I added a foiled birthday sentiment using Pinkfresh Studio's Perfect Sentiments Hot Foil Plate/Die set.

















2 comments:

eunice said...

Fun and fabulous v fold pop up! I too, can't seem to get enough of Sam Calcott's wonderful creative folds and pop ups. Love the large and colorful birthday stamped images you used for this card ... so festive!

Karen Aicken said...

I just LOVE this card - no wonder you had to add those supplies to your collection.