Friday, August 5, 2022

Birthday Wishes

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Anyone who follows my blog, knows that I love the Missees range of paper doll dies, so when I saw that that there was a new release which included dies to do various styles of hands and also a new girl die set I knew I had to get them. Fortunately Craft Stash had them in stock, so I was able to order them and didn't have a long as I normally have to wait for them to arrive across the ocean.

Of course I had to create a card using both sets, and as you can see I created a 5 inch x 7 inch card. For the background of my card I used Spellbinders Eyelet Lace Frame die set, this fits perfectly on a 5 x 7 card. I die cut the frame. from white cardstock and then layered onto dark pink, so the pink showed through the eyelets on the frame. 

To create the girl I used the new Missees Chiquita die set as well as the new Arms and Hands die set. The Arms and Hands set also included a different shaped body which I also used for this card. The stamps for the face are also from the new Chiquita set. 

I love all the different hands, and I die cut a number of the various ones as I wasn't sure which ones I wanted to use for my card, what I didn't use this time are in a pocket and can be used on another card when needed. In the end I decided I love the hands that formed the shape of the heart. To make sure I got the heart shape when assembling the hands/arms, I adhered the hands to the lower arms and positioned those where they were needed before adding the upper arms.

I added Matt Silver Metallic Pearls around the frame. The birthday sentiment is from a Spellbinders stamp set which I white embossed on black cardstock.


For the inside of the card, I used the inner rectangle which was die cut when I cut the frame for the front of the card. I used the square border die also included in the die set to create the border around the rectangle panel before layering to a dark pink card. 

I added two sentiments to the top portion of the panel ... the first is from a new Spellbinders stamp set and the "Happy Birthday" from a Honey Bee Stamps stamp set.

As I had plenty of hands left over, I decided to create the effect of the hands holding the rectangle panel for something a little different.








1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Love this - no wonder you had to purchase the new dies.