Monday, August 8, 2022

Gnome One Like You


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a pop-up card I created using Karen Burniston's Mini Ball Pop-up and the Mini Ball Add-ons 1 Gnomes die sets.


I just love all the fun characters you can create using the "Ball" dies, there are now three different sized balls dies available which can be used either on their own or in conjunction with one or more of the other ball dies or the many add - on sets available now. The "Ball" dies available are ... Surprise Ball Pop-up; Bitty Ball Pop-up and the Mini Ball Pop-up. 

A few weeks ago, someone in the Karen Burniston Pop-up Peeps Facebook Group mentioned how she was looking for a way to add these characters inside a card so they  pop-up but was able to remove for the recipient to display after the occasion the card was sent for. In the past I have either added them to a card with a brad or included inside a pocket card. Of course Karen Burniston, never fails to disappoint and came up with a solution which she shared on a card she created for a Zoom Class which was held on the weekend. As I loved the idea, I decided to try. it for myself.

Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


As you can see I created a girl Gnome using the dies included in the Mini Ball Add-on Gnomes die set. Once I had finished creating my gnome, I adhered it to a small oval using one of the ovals included in the Ovals - Crosshatch die set. I then created my card as I would any pop-up card, adding two strips of decorated cardstock to either side of the card. The adhesive is only on the other side of the strips to allow the oval on the gnome to tuck under the strips.


I recently found a gnome themed sentiment set designed by Crafter's Companion. As I love making gnome cards of any type, I had to add this to my stash and added three of the sentiments to the inside of the card.

For the one on the back of the card, I added two sentiments, using the Labels - Crosshatch for the layering.

For the one of the front, I used the smaller dies from the Short Rectangles - Crosshatch and Long Rectangles - Crosshatch die sets. I had to reposition the Long Rectangle die to achieve the length I was after. This sentiment panel as well as adding another sentiment, acts as a stop to prevent the gnome falling out of the card when closed.


As you can see in the photo above, you either display your card as a normal pop-up card or lie it flat, depending on the space you have available.


As the focus of this card is on the gnome on the inside of the card, I kept the front fairly simple.

This style of pop-up does need a way to keep the card closed, so for this one I decided to opt for a belly band. I used the Ovals - Crosshatch for the layers on top of the belly band.

I decided to try making a flat gnome, using some of the dies included in the Mini Ball Add-on 1 - Gnomes die set. The only extra die I need to do this was a circle which I got from the Circles - Crosshatch die set.

To finish off the front of the card, I stamped the word "Hello" to the lower right hand corner of the card.


One last photo, to show the card with the gnome and the belly band removed.







 

2 comments:

maroulette said...

Great job as usual. I love this card.

Karen Aicken said...

This is great!!