Monday, August 15, 2022

Hello Friend


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing three Mini Slimline cards that I created using a Triple Slim Layering Stencil set from Taylored Expressions. As the name suggests this stencil set allows you to create three mini slimline cards, there are four layering stencils included in the set which makes it easy to create a multi coloured card. 


I have been admiring this stencil set for a while now, and finally found somewhere in Australia that had it in stock. I used bright colours on my card using inks from Catherine Pooler Designs, you can see the list of colours I used in my supply list below.


I always like to decorate the inside of my card, so I used two of the stencils included in the set to add the roses and leaves using the centre design in the stencil. I didn't want to get too carried away for the inside of the card, so I left it to just the two colours/stencils.


For the Mini Slimline portion of the card, I used Mini Slimline dies from Divinity Designs. This included the Mini Slimline Card Base; Mini Slimline Rectangles and Mini Slimline Scalloped Rectangles die sets. I also hand cut a rectangle panel of black cardstock to go between the white panel and the scalloped panel.

For the sentiments on all the cards I used Waffle Flower Crafts Hey There Foil Plate and coordinating die set. I used black foil and the solid plate to get the negative image for two of the card fronts and the positive image for the other.


Some of my sentiments on the inside of the card I black foiled onto coloured cardstock. I also added a stamped "Thinking of You" sentiment using Honey Bee Stamps Miss You Big Time stamp set.


To finish off the front of all the cards, I added Glacier Pearls from Pinkfresh Studio.


One last photo of the inside of the card, I matched the colour of the sentiment background to the color of the scallop panel on the front of the card, for two of my cards.















 

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Beautiful cards - those stencils are fun, aren't they?