Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Gone Fishing

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to my blog. Earlier in the month, Sam Calcott released her brand new collection ... Shutter Blind Collection. This collection includes two Shutter Blind die sets, one for 6 x 6 cards and the other for 5 x 7 cards. There were also 4 Christmas themed stamp sets. As I love creating kinetic style cards, I of course had to order them.


It's too early for my to play with my Christmas stamp sets, so I decided to pull out my Paddington Bear stamp sets which I also recently received to create this fishing themed birthday card.

Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


When you pull the tab at the top of the card, the shutters on the front open to reveal an image or message underneath. You could also have an image on the front, but for this card I decided to just have coloured shutters.


Here you can see that the red shutters have completely disappeared, revealing Paddington Bear and a sentiment underneath him.

The tag at the top of the card is also included in one of the Paddington Bear stamp sets, with the "Gone Fishing" and buckets of fish are from an older Art Impressions stamp set.

The sentiment underneath Paddington is an older stamp in my stash from Rubbernecker Stamps.


I decided to make this card a "tent card" by adding a folded paper strip along the bottom of the inside of the card.


I added a panel to the back of my card, so that I could add a sentiment and another image.

The sentiment, note with hook and bucket of fish are all from the Art Impressions stamp set.  I masked Paddington's paw so it looks like he is holding the note.


Other Supplies:
Real Great Guys Stamp Set - Art Impressions
Your Friendship Is ... stamp - Rubbernecker Stamps (discontinued)