Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Butterfly Opulence Lattice Fold


Hi Crafty Friends,

Thanks for dropping by my blog today, I have a fun lattice fold card to share with you all.

This card uses the Opulence Lattice Folding die from Crafter's Companion. My card is inspired by a card I recently saw created by Astrid Ewing.

This card is fairly large being just under 7 inches tall and measures 7 3/4 inches when folded or 11 3/4 inches when fully extended. 

I had originally planned on using a different patterned paper, but my card ended up being higher than I expected and the 6 inch square paper didn't fit, so as I already had the base of my card done I had to search for a paper that suited the colored base.


I added a birthday sentiment using one of the sentiments included in MFT Stamps Inside & Outside Birthday Greetings stamp set. I finished the card, by adding three butterflies using Spellbinders Delicate Butterflies die set.

I adhered some holographic cardstock behind the lattice panels for some added interest.


I added a panel to the back of my card for a place to add a birthday sentiment from the same sentiment set I used on the front. I also added a couple of flower images which I cut from the leftover pattern paper.








1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Such an interesting design.