Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Happy Birthday

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to my blog, today I am sharing a card I created using one of the Creative Craft Products Easy Folds die sets. When I first saw these dies a few months ago, they reminded me of some fun templates I used to have that created unusual shaped cards. Dies are always much easier to use than templates, so of course I had to buy all four die sets. Two dies sets make 5 x 7 inch cards and the remaining two make 6 x 6 inch cards. I have included links to all four die sets in my supply list below. 

For my card today I used the 5 x 7 inch Diamond Fold Die set, keeping the design fairly simple. I die add a layer between the patterned paper and base of the card which was fairly simple to do, even with the odd shape. I have been wanting to use this patterned paper from Carta Bella for a while, and being that it was double sided I was able to make use of both sides for this card. You can see the reverse paper on the inner panel which shows when the card is closed.

I added a Happy Birthday sentiment using Waffle Flower Crafts' Happy Birthday Duo Foiling die set with coordinating dies. I foiled the sentiment using black foil. 

To finish off the front of the card I added some Pink Fresh Studio Champagne Metallic Pearls around the sentiment.


Here is a look at the inside of my card, after layering the patterned paper I used the layering die to die cut a white panel, trimming down the left side slightly and adhering to to the left side of my card. I then added a birthday sentiment using MFT Stamps Inside & Outside Birthday Greetings  stamp set.