Monday, October 3, 2022

Fabulous Teacher

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing another Teacher thank you card. December isn't all that far away now that it is already October, and I still have a few more teacher thank you cards to get made for my grandchildren to give to their teachers at the end of the school year.


When Lawn Fawn's most recent release came out at the end of August, I had no intention of buying their newest interactive card, the Peekaboo Pop-up die set which basically is a wiper card. I already had the Mama Elephant one from years ago, and I had just received all the ones from Made to Surprise. So I didn't order it. A few days after my order arrived and I kept seeing more cards made using this die set I decided it was different enough from the others and fortunately my local retailer still had it in stock. Hence today's card is a Peekaboo Pop-up using the new Lawn Fawn die set.


To decorate my card, I used two stamp sets from Clearly Besotted ... School Day Play and Stationery Plushies. I also pulled out an older Heffy Doodle Stamp Set for the blackboard called Teacher's Pet.

You can see how the book and pencil that you can see under the blackboard are revealed when you pull the sides out.


The Peekaboo Pop-up die set, comes with a rectangle panel to add to the back of the card. As I was adding mine to a white card base, I added a black layer between. 

All the sentiments on this card are from one of my go to teacher themed sentiment sets from Heffy Doodle called "Teach Me Words" it has so many different sentiments and even though I have other sentiment sets, this one often gets used on my cards.

I added to more images that I had left over from decorating the front of my card to finish the card.