Thursday, October 27, 2022

Yabba Dabba Doo Birthday

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lynn McAuley our challenge hostess for the month finishes off the month with one last challenge.

Tomorrow (28th October), is International Animation Day. What joyful and action-packed entertainment has filled our lives through the talented creations of the world's amazing animators. In honor of these animators' remarkable work, choose one of your favorite animated characters to feature on this week's CCEE design. How fabulous would it be if you included the name of the animator who created your character!



Back in June I saw a card created by someone that featured this stamp set from Paper Nest Dolls called Stone Age Family ... I loved the card and stamps so I had to order it. Mail is slow these days from the USA to Australia and when they hadn't turned up after two months I contacted the store. Apparently there had been a mix up which was quickly correctly, I just hoped they would arrive in time for this challenge which they did as you can see! I am not sure about you, but I know I spent lots of happy hours as a kid watching The Flintstones by Hanna Barbera Productions.

For my card today I decided to create a Double Slider Card using Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Square Double Slider die set. The fun thing about this die set compared to other Double Slider die sets out there, is that you have the option of included 1, 2, 3 or 4 sliders to the card. As you can see by the photo above, I included two sliders one on either side of the main square panel.


Not only does this stamp set come with all the characters including Dino, it also includes their house. I added the house and three of the characters to the main centre panel onto some patterned paper also from Made To Surprise. I computer generated the sentiment at the top of the card, as I wanted something to fit the theme of this card.

I added the two kids to the left pull put panel.


The last two characters are revealed when you pull out the right pull out panel.


This die set also includes a stand to attach to the back of the card so the card can be displayed upright. This is also a good place to add another sentiment and hand write a personal greeting. I added a sentiment and image from Heffy Doodles Prehistoric Pals stamp set, which I thought worked well with this theme.


One last photo to show how the card is displayed using the attached stand at the back. This does fold flat for mailing. The finished card measures approximately 5 1/2 inch high x 6 3/4 inches wide. Of course if you added the extra pull out panels to the top and/or bottom of the card that would change the size again.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


















5 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Tooo cute! I didn't know there were Flintstone stamps!

Lois said...

Who doesn't love the Flintstones? And I love the type of card you made -- I don't think I've seen that before. Very clever!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, I think they came on every Friday night. I loved Fred and Barney the most.

Lynn McAuley said...

I spent many a Saturday morning with this Stone Age Family! Loved the Flintstones!! Fabulous card, Frances!!

Karen Aicken said...

Wow ... or should I say Yubba Dubba Doo! 😊