Thursday, October 13, 2022

I Sea

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lynn McAuley our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently today, October 13 is the birthday of the U.S. Navy. To celebrate the men and women who have served in the navy since its inception, create a card with a nautical theme.


For my card today, I have created a pull card using Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Everyday Pop Up die set. When I first planned this card, I was going to put the yacht in the lower portion of the card with a whale or dolphin popping up, but they were to big in relation to the yacht that I had to go to plan b.

For the sea creatures etc I used stamps and dies also from Made to Surprise, I have listed what I used in the supply list below. 


When you pull the tab at the top of the card, it reveals the yacht sailing on the waves. The yacht is an older die from Elizabeth Craft Designs. As the yacht is made of die cut pieces I decided to adhere it to a piece of acetate which I then cut around the outline of the yacht, this. gives the yacht some strength and prevents it from being caught when it is pulled up and down in the card.


For the inside of the card, I added a piece of blue card along the bottom of the card which has been die cut using the wave die included in the yacht die set. I then added the whale and another stamped sentiment, both of which are also from Made To Surprise.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



Other Supplies:
Everyday Pop Ups die set - Made To Surprise






5 comments:

MiamiKel said...

fantastic card!

Lois said...

Very cool! Reminds me of the Black Pearl in Pirates of the Caribbean, which seems to appear out of nowhere.

Lynn McAuley said...

Such an amazing card, Frances!! Awesome work!

Karen Aicken said...

So fun!

Liz Williams said...

What a delight to pull that tab and that awesome ship appears! Your work never fails to fascinate me, Frances.