Friday, October 21, 2022

Get Whale Soon

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

I am sharing a Get Well themed Mini Slimline Shaker card that I created recently. I actually went whale watching on Wednesday with a group of friends. The water was a bit rough but we managed to see a mama whale with her calf and boyfriend. 

For my card today I used Trinity Stamps Whale Done stamp set and also the Shimmering Sea Hot Foil Stamp. I hot foiled the Shimmering Sea Hot Foil Plat onto blue cardstock using Cobalt Blue Hot Foil and then blended blue Distress Oxide inks around the edge.

To create the frame for my card, I used Pinkfresh Studio's Mini Slimline Frame die set, die cutting the frame from both white and blue cardstock and layering them together to create the area for my shaker. I added two shades of blue sequins to the centre of my shaker card.

I added the whale and sentiment to the outside of the acetate.


For the inside of my card, I added one of the inner panels left over from die cutting the frame. I stamped another whale themed sentiment from the Whale Done stamp set as well as the water that spouts from the whale.







1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

YAY - you got to see whales! That doesn't always happen. Cute card, too.