Saturday, October 15, 2022

Penguin Box Spinner

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

I was excited to receive my October Papercraft Society Box this week, so couldn't wait to open it up and get playing with some of the products included in the box. This month the box is designed by Sam Calcott of Made By Surprise, there are still boxes available at the time of writing up this post, but her stamps/dies are very popular, so I doubt they will be available for long.

Sam designed the most of the stamps to be symmetrical, as she had Spinner cards in mind when she designed this box. So of course my first card is a Spinner Card ... a Box Spinner Card in fact using a tutorial by Sam Calcott which you can find here


As you can see in the video above, you twist the image a few times before you flatten it and put the card in the envelope. When the recipient removes the card from the envelope, the penguins starts to spin.




As my favourite image included in this kit is the penguin, that is what I used for my card today. As I didn't want to use up all my pretty papers, I downloaded the papers from Craftworld and printed them out, I love that we have that option. All the stamps, dies and papers are from the kit with the exception of the larger circle die I used to die cut the holographic frame and the holographic card itself.


Here is a look at the back of my card, as you can see I added another piece of the paper to the left side of the card and a piece of white card for a sentiment and a place to write a personal message to the recipient.








No comments: