Monday, March 20, 2023

Celebrate with Bubbles

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a fun "bubbly" birthday card using dies from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott.

Last month, Sam latest release was the 3D Display Card & Stand Collection, as my order arrived late last week I wasted no time pulling out some of the dies to make a card. For this card I used the 3D Display Card & Stand Mechanism die set, the Circular Frame Bubbles die sets and the Cheers, Beer and Champagne Stamp/Die set.

One of the first things I thought of when I saw the bubble frame was a bath scene, which is what I did here.

I used a digital stamp from La-La Land Crafts which I purchased years ago for another bath themed card. Now this stamp does come with a bath and a duck, but I cut both of those off and just used the girl and the bubbles. For the bath I used the Bath Pop Stand die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, it's hard to see the bath in the photos, but it is a lot easier in real life. I also used the duck from from the Circular Frame Bubbles die set.


As you can see, this card lights up. I used Studio Lights Fairy Lights kit to add the lights, the battery pack is stored in the oval shaped base which is easily accessible to turn on and off.


I was originally going to make this card using aqua and white, but then I found some pink bubble paper that I used to decorate the back of the inner circle, so as you can see I ended up going with pink and white instead.


I used two of the circle dies included in the 3D Display Card & Stand Mechanism die set to add the layers to the back of the card. I added two of the sentiments and two glasses using the Cheers, Beers and Champagne stamp/die set.


Here is a close up photo, so you can see the bath a little easier.


And one final close up, this time with the lights turned on.

This 3d card is rather large, it measures approximately 6 1/2 inches x 8 inches and would probably be better suited to go into a bag rather than and envelope.


Other Supplies:
Bath Pop-Stand Die Set - Designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs (discontinued)
Bath Time Marcie Digital Stamp - La-La Land Crafts (discontinued)