Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Baby Stepper Card

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a baby card I have created using stamps and dies from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott and Creative Craft Products.


I recently purchased Creative Craft Products 4 Stepper Card die set from their Step On Up Collection when Craft Stash had a sale offering 40% off some of the Creative Craft Products dies. While my die was on it's way I noticed a thread on a Facebook Group commenting on how the die cut card doesn't fold perfectly flat ... one of the steps peeks out of the back when the card is folded flat. So when my die arrived a few days later, I pulled it out and die cut it in white cardstock to see what the issue was. Yes there is an issue if you want to use the die without adding it to a card base. But I cut out the card base to see what size I would need and temporary adhered the two together and the issue was solved. I actually like it in the folded card, as it gives more room to decorate and a place at the back to write a personal greeting.

Seeing I had both pieces cut out I decided to use the base and pulled out some baby stamps/dies to decorate it. I used Sam Calcott's Baby Additions Stamp set and Pop-up Baby Additions die set from her recent Pop-up Wiper Book Collection. I used Lawn Fawn's Oliver's ABC's die set to add the word "BABY" down the step. Sam does have dies to do this in a more recent stamp/die set, but mine hasn't arrived as yet. 

The "Welcome To The World" sentiment is from a New Baby Stamp/Die/Stencil Set also from Creative Craft Products.


For the front of my card, I added more of the die cut pieces from the Pop-up Baby Additions die set. I also added two banners using a die included in the New Baby stamp set from Creative Craft Products.










1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

LOL - we both have Step Cards to share today!