Thursday, March 2, 2023

Humpty Dumpty


Hi Crafty Friends,

According to the Days of the Year website, today is World Book Day. I love to browse this site on occasions to see all the different fun and weird special days that happen during the year. Sometimes a special day, sparks an idea to use products I own to create a card, something I may not have made normally.


Back in January, Sam Calcott of Made To Surprise released her Book Wiper Collection which included a die to create fun pop-up book cards as well as an add on set to include one or two wiper pieces coming from either above or below the book. As soon as I saw her collection, I knew I had to order it. Unfortunately international mail was put on hold in the UK for about 2 weeks or so due to a Cyber attack, so of course I had to wait a bit longer than normal for my order to arrive. It finally arrived last week, so I wasted no time in playing with it.

The collection does come with stamps and dies in various themes to decorate the book, however for my first book card I decided to pull out an older nursery rhyme themed stamp set to decorate my card. I thought Humpty Dumpty would be perfect for this book card and it is one of my favourite nursery rhyme or fairy tale related stamps sets.


As I was using the Humpty Dumpty theme for this card, I decided to keep my card simple without any wiper additions ... I will play with them next time.

My card measures 5 7/8 inches square when closed, as I used A4 cardstock rather than 12 x 12. This style of card can close flat, however I ended up adding foam tape in the centre of each of the layers to help support the layers so it is a little bulky near the right hand edge when closed.

I also added a few flowers using the Pop-up New Homes Additions die set which was one of the sets from the collection.


 Here is a view of my card taking at an angle, so you can see how the book pops up. As I mentioned before, if you don't add foam tape to the layers it will fold flat.


For the front of the card, I pulled out another old stamp ... the book is from Darcie's Stamps. I stamped the book in white and teal cardstock and layered it together. I then stamped Humpty Dumpty on the white panel in the centre.

I added another flower and a few circle embellishments to the top and bottom of the card.

Other Supplies:

  • Once Upon A Wall Stamp Set - Clear Dollar Stamps LLC (discontinued)
  • Book Stamp - Darcie Rubber Stamps











 

No comments: