Thursday, March 30, 2023

Seasonal Birthday

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a 5 x 7 card I created recently using stamps, dies and stencils from Sheena available from Craft Stash.

About two months ago, Sheena released some seasonal themed stamps, dies and stencils. By the time they arrived at Craft Stash, the Spring/Summer ones were the only ones available but as they were the ones that appealed to me the most, that was okay for me. The stamp set is called Seasonal Stroll and works with both the Spring and Summer Stencils. For my card today I used the Spring Stencil.

Before using the stencil, I worked out where I wanted the grass and sky and marked the horizon. I then carefully added a base colour for the grass and sky, so I had something to build on. 

With careful masking I was able to add the various colours to my scene. I added pink to the top of the tree to make it look like flowers, after applying the ink to this area, I then roughly covered the 'flowers' with Cosmo Shimmer Fluffy Stuff. After heating the Fluffy Stuff with my heat gun, I replaced the stencil over the image again and lightly covered the fluffy stuff with the same pink it. This gives this area a little more interest and texture.

I used Card Making Magic's  5 x 7in Alternate Stitched Nestables set to die cut the panel and layer before adding to a top folding 5 x 7 inch card. The Card base was created using a 10 x 7 inch card base, which I cut in half to get the 5 x 7 inch top folding card. I doubt I will ever make a 10 x 7 inch card, but I purchased these so I could using the envelopes included for the Showstopper cards I make. The bonus is I can get the top folding 5 x 7 cards without having to join two pieces of card together.

I stamped and die cut the boy, dog, frisbee and scooter using the stamps/dies from the Seasonal Stroll  stamp/die set.


For the inside of the card, I added a panel using the Card Making Magic  5 x 7in Alternate Stitched Nestables set, this time using the next size down.

I stamped the dog and frisbee to two of the corners of the card.

To finish off the card, I added the birthday sentiment which is from the Creative Card Products In The Window Sentiment Stamp set.






















1 comment: