Wednesday, March 1, 2023

The One I Love

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

According to the Days of the Year website, today is National Wedding Planning Day. As I purchased this Crafter's Companion's "The One I Love" Intri'lace die, I decided to pull it out and make a wedding card.

For my card today I made a 5 x 7 Trifold Card with an acetate front. I die cut the wedding image into the front of a 5 x 7 Centura Pearl white card. I adhered white glitter cardstock behind the wedding dress portion of the image, I then die cut the panel using various colours so that I could add colour to the groom's suit, hair, brides hair etc. 


I added a panel of acetate behind the die cut panel.

I added a silver line sticker to the left side edge of the card.

For the sentiment I used Creative Craft Products Celebration Sentiments die set. This sentiment has a long tail on either side of the word, which I cut off.

I added Silver Matte Pearls to the centres of all of the flowers on the image.




To create the trifold card, I adhered the back of one 5 x 7 card, to the other 5 x 7 card.

For the layers of my card I used silver holographic card and pale purple cardstock. I dry embossed the pale purple panels using Made To Surprise's Ditsy 8 x 8 embossing folder.

I added the "Mr & Mrs" sentiment to the lower right hand side of the panel, so that it was hidden when the card is closed.


I added a stamped sentiment to the centre panel of my card, using an older wood mounted stamp from my stash ... Marriage Calligraphy by Paper Inspirations. I layered this sentiment using Creative Craft Products Nested Rectangles and Nested Filigree Rectangles die sets.

For the panel on the right side of my card. I added a stamped sentiment from Divinity Designs Cheers stamp set. I silver embossed each each of the stamped sentiments. On the lower right hand corner of the rectangle panel, I added two glasses of champagne using Karen Burniston's Wedding Charms die set. I made sure to leave plenty of empty space on this panel, so that there was a place to hand write a personal greeting.

I didn't like the look of being able to see the colours through the acetate on the left hand panel, so I die cut another of the "The One I Love" images from white cardstock with double sided adhesive tape on the front and paper pieced this to the back of the image.

Other Supplies:
  • Mr. & Mrs. Wedding Cake Die Set - Spellbinders Paper Crafts (discontinued)
  • Marriage Calligraphy Wood Mounted Stamp - Paper Inspirations (discontinued)









1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Stunning wedding card ❤️