Friday, March 10, 2023

Teacher Thank You

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing another Teacher Thank You card I created recently.


Late last year, I purchased TEXT{ures} Book Stack die set when it was released. I thought this would a good set to use when I was making teacher cards. I ran out of time to use it last year, so I decided I would pull the set out and create a Teacher Thank You card. 

We have a long time before I will need this, as my grandchildren's school year goes from the end of January to the beginning of December. But I like to be able to make the cards during the year when the inspiration grabs me.

I die cut a whole bunch of the books in different colours. I probably have enough die cut now for about 3 or 4 more cards, but that will just make the next few times I want to use this set easier. I ended up selecting books in rainbow order to add to my book stash in the centre panel of my card.

I created a 5 x 7 Side Panel Card using Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's 5 x 7 Side Panel Card die set from her Showstopper Collection. For the red layers, I used the Linen Embossing Folder to add texture to the panels.

I used Made To Surprise's Chunky Alphabet die set to die cut the letters and number to create the "#1 Teacher" sentiment, the "#" came from an older Papertrey Ink die set.

To finish off the card, I added the owl which is from Darcie's Heart and Home Best Teacher stamp set. I wanted to add the academic cap/mortarboard to the owl, so I used another Owl stamp set this time from Dare 2B Artsy for that.


For the back of the card, I added two additional panels. the one of the left side of the card, I left blank other than the row of books along the bottom. This is so that a personal message can be written to whoever this card is for.

The other panel, I added another of the open books included in the TEXT{ures} die set. The sentiments are all from Sunny Studio Stamps Teacher Appreciation stamp set.