Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Herd It's Your Birthday


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a Reveal Wheel Card using stamps and dies from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott.
I have a number of reveal wheel cards in the past, but this is the first one using the Reveal Wheel Die Set from Made To Surprise. The reveal wheel portion measures 5 1/2 inches square which gives a lot more room to decorate.


Here is a quick video to show my Reveal Wheel Card in action.


The Made To Surprise Reveal Wheel normally has a pie wedge cut out somewhere on the front, so that whatever is seen in the reveal wheel section is seen through that hole. However I wanted to try something different, so I die cut a speech bubble and then stamped various sentiments that relate to the farm animals shown on the card.

I added sky paper to the base card and then used the grass border included in the Easy Edges die set to add two layers of grass on the bottom section of the card.


I used the farm animals and three sentiments using the freebie set included in the Creative Stamping Magazine Issue 117. The stamp set was designed by Sam Calcott.

I coloured all my images using coloured pencils, this is my first attempt and colouring with these pencils, hopefully I will improve. The coloured pencils I used are the Black Widow Brand.


The Made to Surprise Reveal Wheel has a large brad in the middle of the card to hold the wheel. This normally can be seen, however I placed the cow in a position so that the brad is hidden.


I also needed two more farm themed sentiments, so I used two from an older MFT Stamps stamp set.


Here is a look at each of the 5 scenes showing the different sentiments that are revealed when you turn the wheel at the side of the card.




And finally the inside of my card, I added two of the animals to the bottom right hand corner of the card. I also added a birthday sentiment using the same MFT Stamps stamp set.


Other Supplies:
Black Widow Wax Coloured Pencils - Black Widow
Black Widow Dragon Wax Coloured Pencils - Black Widow
Black Widow Monarch Wax Coloured Pencils - Black Widow











 

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Fun - I like that there is more room for decorating on this set as compared to the other one.