Friday, September 22, 2023

Oversized Fruit Cards

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing two cards I created recently using Waffle Flower Crafts Oversized Fruit Stencils & Coordinating dies.

These stencils and dies, can be used to create a variety of fruits.


I created an orange for my first card, using the Oversized Fruit stencils ... I used two of the stencils in the set using a variety of orange inks. Once I had applied the ink, I used a white gel pen to add some detail to the orange. When I googled a sliced orange, I didn't see any images that showed the seeds, so I decided not to add them to this card.

For the sentiment I used one of the sentiments from the Waffle Flower Crafts Fruity Pun Stamp set.


For the inside of my card, I stencilled part of an orange in the lower right hand corner of my card. I also added another of the sentiments from the Fruity Pun stamp set.


Next up, I created a strawberry using both the stencils and dies. I applied red ink around the edges of a piece of red cardstock. I then used the seed stencil to add the seeds of my strawberry, I ended up using the seed die which I die cut from black cardstock and layering over the stencilled seeds. This gives the card a little texture to the touch. I added the stalk to the top of the card, using another of the dies.

I wanted a slightly larger sentiment for this card, so I pulled out an old The Stamps of Life stamp set which is still available (linked below)



Finally I used another of the sentiments from the Stamps of Life stamp set and also the strawberries from the coordinating die set to decorate the inside of my card.






1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

See? THIS is why we keep all of our older stamps. That SOL Berry Set is perfect to go with your new dies & stencils. Such fun cards.