Wednesday, September 20, 2023

The Influence of a Great Teacher

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Well it's almost the end of September, which means that is only about 6 weeks or so before the end of the school year for my Grandchildren. I have been making Teacher cards all year, but still need a few more, so I was excited when Trinity Stamps released some awesome teacher/school themed stamps and dies recently. I ended up using most of the sets on this card.

One of the products released was the Slimline pencil die set, I love how easy it is to assemble the pieces to make the card.

I was inspired by Kelly Taylor of Kelly Taylor Cards to add the apple to the front of the card. She had done a video tutorial a little while ago and had added it. I wouldn't have thought to try adding the "Influential Teacher" sentiment to the apple, if I hadn't see her card. You can see her video here

The apple shape was cut, using the outline die included in the Thank You Apple die set.

I added the "A+" to the right side of the apple which is from the Cool Clipboard die set.


For the inside of the card I used Trinity Stamps Simply Sentimental - Teacher stamp set. It's nice to have a new sentiment set. Seeing this is a slimline card, I selected the longest "teacher" sentiment and then added the other sentiments to it. 

I used the small pencils from the Cool Clipboard die set to finish off the card.






1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Perfect teacher card ... my dies arrived last week but I haven't had a chance to even look at them yet. Couldn't get the stamps though. I've been getting dinged with duty and taxes now from sbk .com if my order is over $50. Bah. Ordered the dies only from Trinity and guess what? MORE duty and taxes. So I'm kinda hooped now unless I can find things in Canada. Don't know why they do that to Canadians and not Australia, and the bottom line is that the company suffers because there is lots I would order if I could. But I won't be throwing my money away to the duty and taxes again. Makes me NUTS. Ha - rant over.