Tuesday, September 5, 2023

September 2023 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 


 Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our September Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "HOLIDAY HOUSE" - use the Holiday House die for a card for any holiday.



For my card today, I opted to use the Holiday House die set to make a Christmas card with a gingerbread theme.

I used partial die cutting on the two main house panels of the Holiday House die set, to extend the height, so that they were bigger than the house panel which is in the centre of my gingerbread house. I used the candy canes and peppermints from the Gingerbread Tiny House Add-ons die set to embellish the gingerbread house.

I used the pop-up die from the Explosion Pop-up die set to pop up the gingerbread house. I used a light blue card for my card base and then blended Distress Oxide inks in Broken China, Faded Jeans & Prize Ribbon to create the sky background. I die cut a panel of white glitter card using the pop-up die to add to the card base to resemble snow.

The snowflakes and gingerbread men are from the Winter Charms die set.



I die cut a long strip of white glitter cardstock, using the Long Nature Edges 2 die set, it's hard to see this in the photos, but easy in real life as it has stitching and is popped up using foam tape. I also used the die to add the snow border along the back panel of my card.

The trees on the back panel are the centre portion of one of the tree dies from the Christmas Trees Pop Stand die set.

I added ovals using the Ovals Crosshatch die set for a place to add my stamped sentiment.


I kept the front of my card fairly simple, as the focus of this card is on the inside of the card.

I used the rectangle dies from the Rectangles and Labels die set to create the two rectangle panels on the front. The blue background was created the same way as the one on the inside of my card.

For the sentiment I used the Merry Christmas and Merry Christmas Shadow die sets.

To finish off my card, I added a few snowflakes and two gingerbread men.








3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Great way to use the Holiday House

Gail said...

Love me a gingerbread and gingerbread house! Great work!

Anita Knepprath said...

So vibrant colors on this card. I love the Christmas theme!