Wednesday, September 27, 2023

On Your Special Day


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a card I made using two of Spellbinders Betterpress plates. For this card, rather than use them with the Betterpress System, I decided to foil them instead. That is one of the advantages of the Betterpress plates, they work well for hot foiling.


I started off by foiling the flower image using gold foil. I used a larger piece of cardstock in my foil platform as I wanted to be able to position the image so that I could die cut it using the Pinkfresh Studio's Rounded & Braided Rectangle die set. As I have a larger die cutting machine, it was easy to have a larger piece of cardstock hanging out of my foil platform.

While I was foiling I also foiled some sentiments using the "A Little Message Sentiments" Betterpress set also from Spellbinders. I love using the negative piece of foil with a solid foil plate, which is what I did to get the fold outline with white words for the sentiment.

I mounted my panel onto a 5 x 7 inch card base, adding patterned paper to the background.

To finish off the card, I added gold metallic pearls.


For the inside of my yard, I cut a white panel which I had also gold foiled the flower design. I then added a birthday sentiment using the solid reverse foiled technique to the image.