Monday, September 18, 2023

Karen Burniston - KB Riley LLC September 2023 Release Blog Hop

 


Hi Crafty Friends, 


Welcome to our Karen Burniston Products - KB Riley LLC September Release Blog Hop. The Design Team have come together with Karen today for a fun blog hop to celebrate the release of 9 new dies. Sneak peeks of the new release started last week, and the dies are available to order NOW!

 


 

This release includes:

  • 2 new Script Sentiment Die Sets
  • 3 new Border Die Sets
  • 2 new Pop-up Die Sets
  • 1 new Add-on Die Sets
  • 1 stand alone Die Set

 

Dies are available to order now on the website. 

 

GIVEAWAY:

 

To celebrate the release Karen Burniston and each of the Karen Burniston - KB Riley LLC Design Team members will be giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to some lucky person who comments on our blog posts, so make sure you join the hop and comment on everyone's blog post. Winners will be randomly chosen from ALL of the blog hop comments received on our blog posts by Monday,25th September 2023. Lots of chances to win some goodies, so just leave a comment on this post or any other blog hop posts to enter! Don't forget to leave some way for us to contact you, in case you are a lucky winner!



For my card today, I have used the new Oven Pop-up and Oven Extras die set ... I think I used every die in each set. My oven in my home is a large oven with 4 doors, so I decided to see if I could convert the oven pop-up from a one door oven to a two door one ... which as you can see by the photos above, I was able to do. 


My card is a 5 x 7 card, which allows plenty of space to add the extra oven.


It was easy enough to make a double oven, I cut one tab off one of the ovens and joined them together with the other. I also cut by hand the piece where the dials are so I didn't have a join in that. You will also need to double up the oven pop-up base, but again that was easy to do.


Here is a quick video to see my card in action.



As you can see in the photo above, the doors of the oven open and close. I have also added some things into the oven which are cooking. All these items are included in the two die sets. 


I used the pot die to add to the stove, die cutting two and cutting one down slightly so it was smaller than the other one. 


The tiled backsplash and range hood are included in the Oven Extras die set as are the pop-up dies and a number of the food items etc. As I had the extra oven on my card, I used partial die cutting on the tiled backsplash piece to make it longer.



For the sentiment, I used the labels included in the Rectangles & Labels - Crosshatch die set. I added the word "BAKE" to the centre of the label using the Alphabet & Numbers die set and then used a stamp to finish off the sentiment. 



As the focus of this card is on the inside, I kept the front of my card fairly simple. I added the ovals using the Ovals - Crosshatch die set. I used the "You're Sweet" die set, cutting off the word "You're" and then added the "birthday wishes" underneath. 


I finished off the front of the card, using items from the Baking Charms die set.


Well that's about it from me today, thank you for dropping by. To continue on the blog hop, click on the next person on the list, which is  Jennifer Webster


Here is the complete blog hop list in case you need it.


Blog Hop List:


Karen Burniston

Lois Bak

Sue Small-Krieder

Frances Byrne. <<<< YOU ARE HERE >>>>

Jennifer Webster

Suzanne Smit

Sandy Diller

Nicky Foden




Other Supplies:

  • You Bake Me Happy Stamp Set - Honey Bee Stamps (retired)









44 comments:

Sue SK said...

Love the double Ovens orances!

Nicky said...

What a fun idea

Pam said...

Mind blowing card! I’m obsessed!

Bjane said...

Excellent card. Great work! You have excellent ideas. Stunning ❤️❤️❤️

Anita said...

I cannot wait to "Bake" a card like this. The video was awesome. Cannot wait to receive the dies to start Baking :)

Donna T. said...

WOW, that kitchen is awesome.....Great card.

Agnes said...

This is such an awesome card. I have to have these dies, lol.

Sandy said...

such a cute card

Jean said...

Double oven...a dream kitchen! Love the idea!

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Such a great idea to double the oven! I love this card!
cerbinh@gmail.com

Lisa I said...

Your card is so cute I can hardly stand it! Just love it!!

Cindy said...

I want that kitchen - double oven calling my name. So cute. I could have so much fun in that kitchen!

Becca Yahrling said...

How super cute and fun is this?!! We love baking for Christmas so this card would be great to give with a tin of homemade cookies. I just love it!
rebyah1@gmail.com

NancyR said...

Always in love with your designs, Frances. And this one is wonderful. Love all the details.

MadeByMeghanK said...

NO WAY! This oven is soooo fun! I LOVE the colors!

Mary D. said...

Love your card!

Tami said...

I love the double oven. And your colors. What a great card!!

carole said...

This oven die is awesome! You've done a great job with it in this awesome card!

Judy said...

Verycute card with sooooo many wonderful details!

Kathy De Hay said...

I really like your card and how you used so many elements. This definitely took a lot of time and thought. I also really like the paper you used. Thanks for sharing.

Sherry Rose said...

Love these! KB has so many fun designs and mechanisms

Shelly S. said...

I love your kitchen card this is such a fun set!

Geri S said...

I'm lovin' the oven! And your double oven card is fabulous! Wish my kitchen looked like that! This is a great release! Want some of the small sentiments, too.

Lisa Monken said...

What a great creation! The double stove is so creative! I love all your details!

Lisa_monken@cox.net

S@ndy Diller said...

WOW, a double oven - love it.

Cindy Manott said...

Love this double oven. What a fun card!

Kimberly Glandorf said...

Great card! Love the double oven and all the details!

Cardcrafter said...

Dinner and dessert! I'm coming! Thank you for such a cute card! Is that paper you used, or did you cut that many of the baking tools to make the wall paper Love your ideas!

Gail said...

Wow oh Wow love the double over - fabulous make! TFS utb 01 @ att dot net

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Love the double oven! Of course you have the perfect patterned paper.

AnneC said...

This is such a cool card!

Andre M. said...

Pure delight, so bright and happy kitchen scene! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

mendo.dre at gmail dot com

Billescc said...

Having the racks in the oven is so very cool

Denise Bryant said...

Love your double oven and the wonderful kitchen scene you created! Lots of great details on your card!
deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom

Shonda said...

I love this card! I love the colors and that you used the kitchen as a birthday card. I was thinking holidays but face it I do 90% of my cards for birthdays. This just helps me see how versatile this die is. It’s a must get!

S. M. said...

Amazing card - great design and wonderful detail!! Loving the ideas for the pop-up mechanisms in this hop!

OU mom said...

Sigh! I was thinking I really didn't need this set, but after seeing your example, I am rethinking that! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Sue D said...

Love all the details in this cute kitchen.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

eunice said...

Wow! Love your dream kitchen card. Love all the fun little kitchen estras too...so much fun!

Diane said...

I LOVE the pop-up kitchen. Adorable!!!

Tammy said...

What a cute card! I love this oven die! The papers you chose are perfect!

Chiara T. said...

Great card, thanks to share

Vivian C. said...

Fabulous card! Doubling the oven is such a fun idea. So many wonderful details. Love the colors and the paper you used. I'm going to have to keep an eye for kitchen related papers. vrc at prodigy dot net