Thursday, September 21, 2023

All Aboard

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a Train Easel Card that I created for my husband's birthday. It was such fun to make!

This card uses Anna Griffin's Antique Train Slimline Easel die set. I had been looking for this die set for ages, and unfortunately Anna Griffin doesn't sell to international customers and Scrapbook dot com didn't stock it either. Finally I checked eBay and found a seller there who was selling it new, so I took the opportunity to get it while I could.

I die cut the train from blue pearlescent cardstock and also gold and paper pieced the gold into the holes in the blue train. I die cut the easel portion from a smoky blue cardstock and then covered the base with patterned paper.


I used two stamps from Kanban's Patchwork Pals Grandpa's Trains stamp set, to create the train driver and the boy's face in the carriage.

For the stopper to keep the easel portion of this card upright, I used a Train Track Border Die set from Taylored Expressions.

The train signals and "All Aboard" sentiment, are all from Karen Burniston's Train Elements die set.


I had recently purchased a train wax seal stamp, which I also wanted to use. As it didn't look right on the front of the card, I decided to add it to the base. I can't be seen unless you open the card, but that is ok.


Here is a close up of the wax seal. I'll also add a wax seal to the envelope.


I die cut the train shadow die from white cardstock, so I could add to the back of the card. This gave me a place to stamp a sentiment and also write a personal greeting. I also added two images from the Kanban stamp set that I used on the front of the card.



Other Supplies:

  • Train Track Border Die Set - Taylored Expressions (discontinued)
  • Patchwork Pals Grandpa's Train - Kanban (discontinued)



1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Awesome find for your hubby's card!