Monday, September 25, 2023

Gingerbread Christmas

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Well today is the 25th September, which means it is only 3 months until Christmas ... yikes!

For my card today, I am sharing a Gingerbread Man (or Woman) Double Bridge Fold Card. Sam Calcott shared a tutorial on this style of card a little while ago, you can see her video here

This card measures 6 inches x 6 inches and the centre portion of the card is 1 inch deep when displayed. However it does fold flat for mailing.


To decorate my card, I pulled out the Gerry the Gingerbread die set from Creative Craft Products Sweet Christmas Collection. I am planning on using all these dies to make Christmas Gift Tags this year, but I am also trying to use them all on a Christmas card if I get the chance.

There is a hole in the Gingerbread Man's belly for a chocolate to be displayed, but as I wasn't using chocolates for this card I covered the hole using a wax seal. For the wax seal I used a Spellbinders Wax Seal Stamp ... Do Not Open! I poured the melted wax in the centre of a shaped mould before stamping the wax seal stamp into the wax to give it a fancy shape. I highlighted the raised portions of the wax seal using a gold metallic pen.

I added the bow that came with the die set to the gingerbread man's head, so I guess this makes this a gingerbread woman.

Finally I added a sentiment, which is a foiled sentiment using Glimmer Foil stamps/dies from Spellbinders.


For the back of the card, I added a white panel so that I could add a sentiment and also have a place to write a personal greeting. I also found that the top bridge on the front, sagged a little until I adhered this panel to the back for added strength. The sentiments used here are from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Christmas Sentiments from the Moving Scenes Collection.





1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Great way to use those wax seals