Monday, May 19, 2014

This Bugs for You!

KBDCFly1-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for our May Karen Burniston Designer Challenge, this time round for our theme Karen has given us the word "FLY" – and asked us how will you interpret it? Use Pop it Ups for a project showing your vision.

Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen Burniston will have another of her amazing video tutorials for us.

I have made two card for this challenge … the second one I will post on my blog tomorrow.

KBDCFly-wm

As soon as I saw the challenge theme for this month, it reminded me that I had purchased years and years ago this stamp image of the hand and spray bottle which could be the old fashioned fly spray bottles … so I knew I just had to pull that out and a fly image to create my card.

It probably took me longer to locate the fly stamp which I knew I had somewhere then to make my card haha! Of course it had to be in a drawer of stamps I take out each month when I do my rebus stamping arghhhhhhhhhhh!

As you can see I decided to use the Katie Label Pivot Card die set designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs.

KBDCFly2-wm

I followed the same layout more or less on the inside of my card as I did on the front of my card … the only difference is a few more flies.

I stamped the hand holding spray bottle on white card and cut that out … worked out where I needed it to go on the card, masked the label section of the card and stamped the spritz using black ink … then I was able to attach my bottle to the card. I stamped a heap of flies and cut them all out and attached those to my card using foam tape. I added the clear Wink of Stella Pen to all the flies wings so that gives them a nice clear sparkly look.

KBDCFly3-wm

Here is the view of the back of my card … you can see the sentiment on the label and a couple of flies peeking out.

If you are looking to purchase Karen’s Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month. I will also be back tomorrow with another card to share with you for this challenge.

Stamps: Hand with Spray Bottle; Water Spritz – Third Coast Rubber Stamps; Fly – Hero Arts; This Bug …. – Darcies; The Bug Stops Here – Bugawamps
Paper: White; Red; DP
Dies: Katie Label Pivot Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Clear Wink of Stella Pen; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Ahahaha Frances - this card cracks me up. Love that you cut all those flies by hand - wow! et they are perfect with the Wink of Stella.
Cheers
Karen A

Wren said...

Wow! I love this card, so bright and bold. Thanks for the inspiration!

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Just TOO FUNNY! I love it.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Just TOO FUNNY! I love it.

Joanne (jojot) said...

gave me a giggle...thanks