Thursday, May 22, 2014

Congratulations

CCEE1421-Congrats1-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week I continue to bring the challenges for the month.

This week the challenge is:

Clear Creations ... Create a card or project using acetate.
Here are a few suggestions that might help inspire you for this challenge, however you are not limited to these …

  • · Acetate or Transparent card, see tutorial here.
  • · Acetate or Transparent box, see tutorial here.
  • · Stamping on Acetate to create a background
  • · Using Embossing Folders to create a background
  • · Using Alcohol Inks to create a background
  • · Embellishments
  • · Window Cards
  • · Shaker Cards, see tutorial here.
  • · Die Cut Acetate Shapes
  • · Acetate & Tissue, see tutorial here.
  • · Smackin' Acetate, see tutorial here.
  • · Snowglobe Cards, see tutorial here.
  • · Stained Glass
  • · Acetate & Glitter, see tutorial here.
  • · Glitter & Acetate, see tutorial here.
  • · Defying Gravity using Sizzix Pop N Cuts & Accordion Album, here.

CCEE1421-Congrats-wm

I was going to do something completely different for my card for this challenge, but when I went through the box of dies/stamps sitting on my desk which I had purchased recently I found a few things which would work for this challenge so I decided to use those instead.

For the front of my card I used MFT Stamps Centerpieces Congratulations Die-namics which is great for making shaker cards for babies and graduates. As you can see I created a baby card. The acetate is behind the Congratulations block so that the shaker pieces don’t fall out.

CCEE1421-Congrats2-wm

Of course you know I love creating Pop-Up cards so I used the Lucy Labels Pop-Up Die set designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. I turned the card on it’s side so it was in the same orientation as the front of my card.

To decorate the inside of my card I used MFT Stamps Beautiful Baby Stamp set with coordination dies.

CCEE1421-Congrats3-wm

Here is a close up of the left side of my card. The Sentiment is stamp and layered using the Elizabeth Craft Designs Tag Die set.

CCEE1421-Congrats4-wm

And finally a close up of the right hand side of my card. I have again used the Elizabeth Craft Designs Tag Die set for the sentiment.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

  • Amber Hillman
  • Anne Harmon
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Liz Williams
  • Lois Bak
  • Lynn McAuley
  • Sabrina Friel
  • Vicky Gould
  •  

    Stamps: Beautiful Baby – MFT Stamps
    Paper: White: Pink; Grey; Isabella DP – Bo Bunny
    Dies: Lucy Label Pop Up Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Tags Die Set – Elizabeth Craft Designs; MFT Die-namics Congratulations Centerpieces; MFT Die-namics Beautiful Baby; Cheery Lynn Designs It’s A Boy/Girl Die; MFT Die-namics Scallop Ribbon
    Other: Black Ink; Pink Ink; Pearls; Acetate; Foam Tape;

     

    #aa-owl-signature

    10 comments:

    raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

    Love how you made the whole front into an acetate shaker. Not to mention the awesome pop up inside.

    Lynn McAuley said...

    What an awesomely delightful card to welcome a new baby girl, Frances! Amazing work!

    Maryann said...

    An amazing shaker card with a popup center, Fantastic - Maryann

    Vicky Gould said...

    You just keep turning them out one after another. What an adorable baby card. I see you used the acrylic in a fantastic way. Thanks for the push to leave my comfort zone!

    Liz Williams said...

    This wonderful card is full of surprises and such a special keepsake that any new mother of a new baby will treasure as an heirloom.

    jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

    Fabulous shaker with those floating letters!!

    Sabrina said...

    I can't decide if I like the inside or the outside of this better - they are both so wonderfully put together.

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    absolutely amazing and sweet, Hoots

    Karen Aicken said...

    This is a wonderful baby card, Frances! LOVE the shaker on the front, and the way you turned the Pop up on it's side. Brilliant way to use the ECD tags, too.
    Cheers
    Karen A

    Mary Dimercurio Prasad said...

    Awesome card Frances! Love the shaker!