Saturday, May 31, 2014

Happy Camper

C4C238Camping1-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.   Barb Anders our challenge hostess for May finishes off the month with one last challenge.

School's Out!! - Or soon will be in the US. What are your fun plans for vacation this summer? Going on a trip, the beach, hanging around the pool? Gardening? Just plain chilling out? Whatever your plans are, use them to inspire your card or project for this week.

C4C238Camping2-wm

Camping isn’t my idea of fun, but I know it is fun for a lot of people including my eldest daughter and her family. So I decided to use some new dies I received a while back from MFT Stamps along with the Lots of Pops Pop-Up Card set designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs.

C4C238Camping3-wm

One of the things I love about these dies is that you can position the die anywhere you like on the fold. For my card today I decided to position it towards the right of my card, giving room to add the tree and the open fire.

I needed the trees to be higher than what they were in the set so joined two together and cut out some longer trunks.

I also added a “lake” to the base of my card using the Katie Label Pivot Card die set. The clouds are from the All Seasons Tree set.

C4C238Camping4-wm

I also used one of the edges from the Agatha Edges die set on the top and bottom of my card. I cut an additional piece from brown card and layered this behind the edged designer paper.

C4C238Camping-wm

Here is the front of my card. I added a couple of trees and a tent as well as a sentiment from the coordinating stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Danielle Lounds
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Karen Aicken
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Melody Rupple (May Guest Designer)


  • Stamps: Roughin’ It – MFT Stamps
    Paper: White; Green; Brown; Kraft; Mustard; Orange; Tiny Woods DP – Kaisercraft; On The Bright Side 1 – My Mind’s Eye
    Dies: Lots of Pops; All Seasons Tree; Agatha Edges; Katie Label Pivot Card – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; MFT Die-namics Roughin’ It
    Other: Black Ink; Brown Ink; Foam Tape; Copics


    #aa-owl-signature

    5 comments:

    Karen Aicken said...

    LOVE this Frances. LOVE this. The dies are fabulous, and I like how you moved the Lots of Pops over to make room for your fire and tree. Great little camping scene!
    Cheers
    Karen

    Holly AKA KopyKat said...

    Oh you beat me to it, I was going to make one of these, lol.
    Super cute!!! I'm making mine anyway, lol.

    Kristine Reynolds said...

    Love camping and love your card!

    lovecraftingpaper said...

    Wow, this card is amazing! I love it!

    Mariangela ;-)

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    wow...camping is not my thing either, but what a marvelous card...it almost makes camping look appealing....lol