Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sending Sunshine Your Way!

BeachHouses1-wm

Hi everyone,

I just love the new House Pivot Card die designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. This is such a versatile die and today instead of using the pivot die in it’s normal way so that you have a house and the fence on the right hand side I have created a Double House Pivot Card.

Double-House-Pivot-Card-wm

To create a Double House Pivot Card is easy … just fold your card or designer paper you are using for the card base in half which you will keep folded while cutting. Position the House Pivot Die so that only the house portion of the die is on the folded card and the pivot marks of the die are on the fold. Run this through your die cutting machine and when you open your card you will have two houses. (You can do the same with the fence and get two fences if you wish.

Tip … if you are going to attach ground to your card before die cutting … make sure your ground and house are both position the same way.

BeachHouses-wm

For my card I decided to create a beach scene turning the houses into those colorful beach houses that some beaches have. We don’t have them where I live, but I believe some of Melbourne’s beaches have them.

I used Penny Black’s Fun in the Sun stamp set to decorate the rest of my card.

BeachHouses2-wm

Here is the inside of my card … for my beaches houses I die cut the houses using striped designer paper. I also cut out a colored roof and door. I didn’t need the windows and other dies for the beach houses.

BeachHouses3-wm

Here is a close up of the left hand side of my card.

BeachHouses4-wm

Here is a close up of the right hand side of my card.

BeachHouses5-wm

Here is the back of my card.

Stamps: Fun in the Sun Stamp Set – Penny Black; Little Bits – Lizzie Anne Designs
Paper: White; Vintage Spring Basics DP – Maja Designs; Guest Plaid DP – Chatterbox; Hootenanny DP – My Mind’s Eye
Dies: House Pivot Card Die designed by Karen Burniston by Elizabeth Craft Designs; MFT Die-namics Sun, Moon & Stars; MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

4 comments:

Maryann said...

One word Wow. Okay I now have a few more, a beautiful, fun and stunning interactive card Frances.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

This card is super fun & love all the bright colors.

Joanne (jojot) said...

over the top FABulous

Marlene L said...

Late to own this die, fortunately, you have so many wonderful ideas for using it. Thank you for showing how to cut a double house pivot! Another happy card to add to Pinterest.