Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Another Year Flies By….

KBDCFlyBy1-wm

Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday I am back today with another card for Karen Burniston’s Designer Challenge.

Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen Burniston will have another of her amazing video tutorials for us.

This time round for our theme Karen has given us the word "FLY" – and asked us how will you interpret it? Use Pop it Ups for a project showing your vision.

KBDCFlyBy2-wm

I knew I wanted to use the new House Pivot Card die set Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs for my second card for this challenge, I just had to figure out how I could make it fit the theme. Then I received some stamps in the mail that I ordered from CC Designs and I figured the cuties with the balloons could be flying in the air hehe!

KBDCFlyBy3-wm

The sentiment … “Another year flies by ….” helps this card fit the theme of the challenge and years between birthdays to tend to go fast especially as we get older! The clouds are from the All Seasons Tree die set.

KBDCFlyBy4-wm

I borrowed an idea I saw on FB recently on a card posted by Kittie Caracciolo where she bent the right half of the fence back in line with the card so that fence I added looks continuous. I actually ended up adding a tiny piece of card along both rails so that they stayed joined. You can’t see the strips of card as they are hidden behind the layers of the fence and the designer paper on both parts of the fence.

KBDCFlyBy-wm

Here is the front of my card, I added another fence along the front and the cute little dog on the balloon. I also added another chimney which is attached to the designer paper not the house so you can see the chimney when the card is closed (I borrowed this idea from Karen Burniston).

If you are looking to purchase Karen’s Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month. I will also be back tomorrow with another card to share with you for this challenge.

Stamps: HB2U; Pepper on Balloon – CC Designs; Party Polly (sentiment) – Paper Pretties
Paper: White; Cream; Orange; Brown; Baby Mine (Boy) DP – Carta Bella
Dies: House Pivot Card; All Seasons Tree – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Brown Ink; Glitter Clear Wink of Stella Pen; ECD Black/Silver Glitter Dots; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Love all the bright cheerful colors & the wonderful sentiment to match...perfect!

Beejay said...


what a great card! Love the happy design and the technique with the fence!

Kendra Hernandez said...

I love it, adorable!

Karen Aicken said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE this one. Love it.
Cheers
Karen A

Mary Dimercurio Prasad said...

Adorably cute card! Nice job!

Joanne (jojot) said...

amazingly cute