Saturday, May 17, 2014

Congrats!

C4C236Baby1-wm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Our challenge hostess for May, Barb Anders continues to bring us fun challenges.

C4C236

This week being the third Saturday of the month it is time for a sketch challenge… here is a look at this week’s sketch.

C4C236Baby-wm

I have purchased a few different baby themed stamp sets/dies in recent weeks so I decided to use a couple of theme to create my card today. On the front of my card I have used Simon Says Stamps We’re Expecting stamp/die set … this is such a fun and different baby set … love it!

I added the clear Wink of Stella pen all over the image, love the sparkly look this gives.

C4C236Baby2-wm

Of course you all know by now that I love the pop it up dies designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. This time round I used the Lucy Label Pop-Up die to create the inside of my card.

I also used the new Oh Baby Die-namics set from MFT stamps on my card and added another of the birds from the stamp set that I used on the front.

C4C236Baby4-wm

Because the diaper on the inside of my card was quite large I decided to give it a little more support by created a little pop up box thing which I added to the top of the diaper… you can see it here in the photo above. Basically to create this I cut a piece of card the slightly narrower than the diaper x 2 1/2” and then scored at 1/2” intervals and then folded to create an open box. Hope that makes sense. I picked 1/2” as that was the width of the pop up piece already on the card.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Karen Aicken 
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Melody Rupple (May Guest Designer)
    Stamps: We’re Expecting – Simon Says Stamps
    Paper: White; Green; Special Delivery DP – Pebbles Inc.
    Dies: Lucy Label Pop-Up designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; We’re Expecting – Simon Says Stamps; MFT Die-namics Oh Baby
    Other: Black Ink; Buttons; Hemp Cord; Wink Of Stella Clear Pen; Foam Tape; Copics

    #aa-owl-signature
  • 5 comments:

    raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

    So cute Frances. I really like how the Wink of Stella gives a hint of sparkle. You're so clever to make a box/bump for the diaper.

    Melody said...

    So, so cute!! I can't decide if I like the outside or the inside better!

    Karen Aicken said...

    Such a sweet card. I love how you created the extra support pop up box.
    Oh, you forgot to add my name to your C4C challenge list!
    Cheers, Karen

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    loving this sweet baby pop up card

    Unknown said...

    What an awesome card... I need to work hard to make something like that.. thihi.. I love it.. Thanks for sharing

    My contribution is here:
    http://cordes.re/blg/wind/?p=813

    Thanks again