Monday, July 24, 2023

Teacher Mini Slimline Shaker

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a Teacher themed Mini Slimline Shaker Card I created recently. I still need to build up my stock of teacher cards, so I have enough for my grandchildren to give to their teachers at the end of the year. I am slowly getting there.

Trinity stamps recently released some Flat Acetate Shaker Pouches in various card formats. I decided to get a few different options to try out. For my card today I decided to try out the Mini Slimline Shaker Pouches, these pouches fit on a rectangle that measures 2 3/4 inches x 5 3/4 inches. As I wanted to add a layer as well as a border on my Mini Slimline card, I made my card so it was 3 1/4 inches x 6 1/4 inches. The shaker pouches also have a protective backing on them, so make sure you remove that before you attach the shaker to your card ... don't ask me how I know!

To decorate my card I used the book stacks, owl and cat from Clearly Besotted's Rhyme Time stamp set.


Here is a look at the shaker when it has been shaken and laying on my desk, so you can see the shaker portion of the card.

I added the die cut "teacher" which is an older die from Heffy Doodle Stamps. I also added the "#1" using Karen Burniston's Mini Alphabet and Numbers die set.


For the layers of my. card, both inside and out I used Trinity Stamps' Mini Slimline Stitched Layers Stack die set.

For the sentiment I used MFT Stamps' Teach, Sleep, Repeat stamps set for the "Thank You and Teacher" the remainder of the sentiment is from Heffy Doodle Stamps Teach Me Words stamp set.

I also added the apple which is from a Mama Elephant stamp set.

Other Supplies:

Teacher Die - Heffy Doodle Stamps
Sequins - various colours.